Even non-vegans will love this one. Serve it up with corn or lentil chips and just watch it disappear in about five minutes. Spinach artichoke dip is always a crowd-pleaser, and it’s a perfect appetizer for your next party…or as a snack for your post-party late night munchies. I make this at least once a week because it’s that good.
This recipe was adapted from the amazing Alton Brown. To veganize this recipe I just subbed all of the dairy products listed for tofu products. When I gave up soy and corn, I had to switch up the recipe and find a substitute for the vegan cream cheese. I also now eat my spinach artichoke dip with baked lentil chips instead of corn chips, which are delicious and I don’t miss the corn chips at all! Both versions of this recipe are absolutely fantastic and very similar, so your choice of ingredients really just depends on your dietary preferences. I present both versions below for your snacking enjoyment.
The soy-free version of this recipe uses my original almond cheese as a cream cheese replacement, but leaves out the garlic, parsley, and chives.
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 8-oz can of artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo (Follow Your Heart brand makes a great soy free version)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup soy vegan parmesan cheese (GoVeggie brand makes a good one) OR 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (soy free)
- 8 oz tofu cream cheese OR 1/2 cup of soy free plain almond cheese, recipe link above (leave out parsley, chives, and garlic from the almond cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Defrost the spinach in the microwave according to directions on the package, then place it into a medium-sized baking dish.
- Open the can of artichoke hearts and drain and rinse them.
- Chop the artichoke into small pieces (I usually cut the artichoke hearts into quarters), and then place them with the spinach into the baking dish.
- Add the vegan mayo, salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, nutritional yeast OR parm cheese, and almond cheese OR tofu cream cheese.
- Stir everything until well combined. Bake at 350F for 20 minutes and serve warm with tortilla or lentil chips.